Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

TAX is not calculated for guest user during checkout.

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
3 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 TripleNico

TripleNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 124 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 01 May 2020 - 12:47

Our webshop is setup to use the Tax By Region setup. This works well if the customer is in the same country as our webshop is. However when you are a Guest user and set your country to another country say Germany (our shop is in the Netherlands) than the customer hasn't have to pay any taxes. However we do have setup the EU VAT setting so what i would expect is that when a customer has a account WITH a VALID Tax number THEN the taxes are not calculated. Else there always calculated.

Also marking the VAT number as Valid or Invalid at a customer doesn't have any effect.

I think this is a simpel setting somewhere that i'm overlooking so please see the attached images for our current settings.

Angehängte Bilder

#2 TripleNico

TripleNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 124 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 08 May 2020 - 13:14

I did some more testing:

• Guest checkout with country other than webshop country, no tax is calculated at checkout. 
  • Customer checkout without VAT number with country other than webshop country, no tax is calculated at checkout.
  • Customer checkout with INVALID VAT number with country other than webshop country, no tax is calculated at checkout.
  • Customer checkout with VALID VAT number with country other than webshop country, no tax is calculated at checkout.

For points 1 till 3 i would expect that the TAX is calculated at checkout, only point 4 works as expected. If i do the same tests but with the same country as the webshop than VAT is always calculated, as it should.

So what am i missing here? Latest settings:

Angehängte Bilder

#3 Wolfgang Schmerge

Wolfgang Schmerge

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 2453 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 11 May 2020 - 11:29

Hi,

please compare your settings with the settings from my shop.
Guests from Italy are charged 10% tax and German customers 19% tax. 

Regards

Wolfgang

Angehängte Bilder

Shopbetreiber benötigen Ihre Hilfe! Bewerten Sie jetzt Smartstore auf Capterra.

Als Dankeschön erhalten Sie 20 Euro für Ihren nächsten Kauf im Marketplace.

Smartstore bewerten

Bleibt gesund!

Viele zusätzliche Smartstore Plugins gibt es im MARKETPLACE:
http://community.sma...dex.php?/files/

Hier geht es zu den Smartstore Videos:
Smartstore.NET Youtube-Channel

Die deutsche Smartstore Online-Dokumentation gibt es hier:
https://smartstore.a...iew?mode=global

In dem folgenden BLOG findet man interessante Tipps & Tricks zum Thema "Smartstore":

http://community.sma...t-tipps-tricks/

#4 TripleNico

TripleNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 124 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 13 May 2020 - 08:15

Thanks for your screenshots! I compared them and saw a difference that you added per country the Tax ammount, at the same time i also got the same tip from Abdon from Koomba ;-) So i manage to get this to work. But in the end I solved it more simply by choosing Fixed Tax Rate and then turning on the EU VAT option. Now it works exactly the way we want it.

• stefanmueller gefällt das