Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

How to setup quantity discounts on specific products

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
4 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 31 December 2017 - 19:02

Hi,

Is there a way to setup quantity discounts on specific products? I want at the time a customer selects a product, increasing the quantity to apply the discount on the price.

Thanks in advance

Vangelis

#2 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3801 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 01 January 2018 - 13:42

No, there is no such discount. An automatic increase of the quantity is in my opinion too aggressive. Such a scenario is usually offered via tier prices, not discounts. Reduced prices are visible to the customer on the product page, and if he increases the quantity, the price is automatically reduced according to the tier price settings.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#3 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 01 January 2018 - 21:28

No, there is no such discount. An automatic increase of the quantity is in my opinion too aggressive. Such a scenario is usually offered via tier prices, not discounts. Reduced prices are visible to the customer on the product page, and if he increases the quantity, the price is automatically reduced according to the tier price settings.

On a previous shopping cart software I used (vevocart) it had this option for quantity discount per product. It was a nice feature for the type of electronics we sell.

I hope that you'll include it on the roadmap

Can you give some info about tier price settings?

#4 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3801 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 02 January 2018 - 10:48

You can set tier prices on the product page in the backend under the tab Price. This includes the quantity (from which the tier price applies), the tier price, the calculating method of the tier price, as well as the shop and customer group for which the tier price is to offer.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#5 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 02 January 2018 - 17:11

thanks Marcus. This works exactly as I need