Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Confusion around mobile themes

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
3 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 nickh

nickh

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 129 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 20 April 2015 - 09:21

Hi guys,

I have a custom theme which I use to display customised versions of some of the SmartStore views (as well as general styling changes, of course).  Some of the views in this theme also have a ".mobile" alternative, but when I view the site on a mobile device it uses the standard SmartStore Mobile view (I think it's called "Alpha").

My question is:

If a .Mobile view exists in the main (desktop) theme, why does it use the Mobile theme instead?  Also, what does the "useMobile=true" property mean in the theme config file?

#2 Murat Cakir

Murat Cakir

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 1118 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 20 April 2015 - 17:10

Unfortunately mobile view resolution doesn't work this way: you'd have to put your custom mobile view into the mobile theme's folder, because it's a theme on its own. When you access your shop with a mobile device, the system's mobile theme is being served (Mobile by default), and not the desktop theme. Our custom view engine first tries to resolve a mobile view from this mobile theme folder, then falls back to the main Views folder, and not to your custom desktop theme.

Concerning useMobile: there is absolutely no occurrence of this attribute in any code file. What exactly do you mean?

Murat Cakir
SmartStore AG

#3 nickh

nickh

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 129 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 20 April 2015 - 20:14

So does this mean that the .mobile views in my desktop theme are pointless (since requests from mobile devices will always use the separate mobile theme)?

And sorry - by "useMobile" I actually meant "mobileTheme".  This is a property in the theme.config file.  Please could you explain what this does?

#4 Murat Cakir

Murat Cakir

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 1118 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 20 April 2015 - 20:48

So does this mean that the .mobile views in my desktop theme are pointless (since requests from mobile devices will always use the separate mobile theme)?

Yes.

And sorry - by "useMobile" I actually meant "mobileTheme".  This is a property in the theme.config file.  Please could you explain what this does?

It classifies the theme as a mobile one. Without this attribute set to true, the theme woul also be served to desktop devices.

Murat Cakir
SmartStore AG