Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Physical Store Handling

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
5 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 LukeBrowning

LukeBrowning

• Members
  • Punkt
  • 3 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 February 2015 - 16:14

Hi,

Is there any handling for physical stores in SmartStore.net? I need to be able to handle stock at a warehouse (the main website) and at individual stores, be able to move it around etc.

Thanks

#2 Michael Herzog

Michael Herzog

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3497 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 February 2015 - 18:29

Hi,

out of the box this isn't possible. 

Regards

Michael Herzog
Smartstore AG

#3 LukeBrowning

LukeBrowning

• Members
  • Punkt
  • 3 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 04 February 2015 - 10:21

Are there any plans to add this/similar sort of functionality? If not, how easy do you think it would be to add this? Would it be possible to extend the current Stores section to include this?

#4 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 04 February 2015 - 16:08

That depends on what functions in particular you exactly need. Of course it's possible to extend the store section.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#5 LukeBrowning

LukeBrowning

• Members
  • Punkt
  • 3 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 11 February 2015 - 18:33

It may help if I give a bit more context. We're looking at moving away from an existing system that has a a single warehouse and multiple physical stores. I'm not sure the built in store section is the way to go (or even this product) but would appreciate your feedback. We're thinking of either completely replacing the system or moving half way and using your package to run the frontend of the site and sync'ing orders with the existing stock management software. So, I have a few questions;

• How does the store handling currently work as the demo doesn't actually work? Is it just for completely unrelated sites that may sell completely different products or is it a similar concept to having a chain of shops that sell the same products?
  • We need to be able to keep track of stock at the individual stores and be able to display this on the website. Think of this like having multiple warehouses and we need to be able to display the stock levels on the website. It would also be neat to get this data from the API as well.

As well as this, we have a couple of other features that we would like;

• Adding videos in with product pictures.
  • Additional shipping costs for certain post codes.
  • "Click & Collect" behaviour - I don't know if this would be similar to the cash on delivery plugin? Basically, order it on the website, pay in the shop with emails informing the customer that its ready for collection etc.

And then there's a really annoying bug where the language keeps changing in the backend even though we have selected English.

There may be more questions/features we're interested in but I'll wait to hear back from you on these points first. Depending on your answers and availability, we are also open to funding some development so if you could get back to me with the answers to the above any questions you have that would be great.

Thanks!

#6 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 11 February 2015 - 19:08

Multistore concept means administrating multiple store under one installation (thus one backend)
where requests are simply mapped by the HTTP host value to the corresponding store. You can specify
for each catalog item in what store it should be displayed\available.

Stocks are product and not store dependend. If you specify that product x is only available in store a,
it will never have any effect of any stock of store b.

"Adding videos in with product pictures."... Not out of the box. Coming later with a feature called "media manager".
"Additional shipping costs for certain post codes."... Out of the box for certain countries, more granular restrictions possible through a new shipping plugin.
"Click & Collect" behaviour ... Basically, order it on the website, pay in the shop"... Yes possible, see payment method "pay in store".

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG