Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Help with transferring database to SQL Server...

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
3 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 wdcurry

wdcurry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 39 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 22 July 2014 - 17:50

I honestly never expected this eStore to resonate so well with me (despite the affiliate issues). Thusly, i setup my first eStore with the internal db. 

Now, given that i am a longtime date-modelling expert, software kinda guy, i want to use sql server and my own abilities to fill the gaps. I absolutely need a sales report that is affiliate aware, quickly. I can do all this easily in SQLServer.. 

What i seek here is help or guidance in getting the internal db exported into SQLServer so i can carry on. I will shut down the store during the transition of course, and hope this thread serves to guide others.

Thank you. (and support staff: all my questions should both help other newbies AND lead me into being a paying customer) ..

drew..

#2 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3801 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 22 July 2014 - 20:17

help or guidance in getting the internal db exported into SQLServer

There is a tool called "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio" that supports attaching a SQL database file
to a running SQL Server. Right click Databases -> Attach. To get the local path of a database file right click
the database and then properties. Another Management Studio scenario would be a backup and restore.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#3 wdcurry

wdcurry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 39 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 22 July 2014 - 20:21

Thanks Marcus, i am well-versed with SSMS.. i simply didn't know what the "internal db" was. I will address this later today for testing.. cheers!

#4 wdcurry

wdcurry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 39 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 22 July 2014 - 23:39

man, opening an .sdf file in a Windows world was a challenge. (more of a mac guy now) .. Finally had to use VS2012, Tools, Connect to Database to make it happen. 

I see that AffiliateId is already in the order table. Do we currently have any easy way to produce reports or customize existing ones with the app?