Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Really love your product, just a couple questions

fehler ungültiger prozeduraufruf ungültiges argument veröffentlichen fehler

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
3 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 d0ndela

d0ndela

• Members
  • Punkt
  • 8 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 18 July 2014 - 06:10

Hi

We have just decided that we want to make a new website for our existing online store (old one made in ASP.NET C# running SQL).

I've wanted to dig into MVC for a while and thought first I would make the whole thing myself from scratch like I did with the old site, but then I found your site here and I really like what I see!

I browsed around you demo sites, especially the admin part of it, to see if I could find the things we need, I did find most of them, but a couple things I have to ask about.

But obviously before we take the plunge and jump into it, I need to make sure it fits all our needs and that we can migrate the old shop to this one. So here comes a couple questions:

1) Data migration, we have about 10,000 user profiles saved in the existing database and they would of course need to get imported into this solution. I'm not too worried about that as I have made migration projects before with much larger data sets, but the passwords are stored in an encrypted format (see attached screenshot of DB table). I am not sure of the format to be honest, we are using an ORM mapper framework at the old site, and it is handling the user credentials. Alternatively can I import all the users and then they are prompted to make a new password the first time they login after the migration?

2) Does your shop have an import function for products? We have about 20,000 products we need to import. If it doesn't I'm sure I can work it out with another migration project, but an import function would be handy and sure save a lot of time.

3) Shipping price calculations. The way we currently do it is to give each productgroup/category a weight, then if products inside the category differs from the default weight we will give them individual weight. Then when a customer orders the product weights are added up and a total weight for the order is calculated. That weight is then used to look up in another table where the different pricing intervals are for each shipping option to find the correct prices for this order. I can't see in your admin anywhere I can set the different prices for different total weights?

3b) Another thing that complicates shipping calculation in our case is that the country we operate in is divided into 76 provinces, and for some of the shipping options the pricing is different depending on which province is the destination. Any way to support this in your case?

4) Multi-language options. I see you have it already and very nicely done. I found one place though where it looks like it isn't (yet) possible to translate, in Setting -> Order Settings, if you change to the returns tab. There you have to enter a comma separated list of return reasons. I can't see if this can be translated? This was the only place I found when browsing around that was like this, I just wondered as our two languages are very different (English and Thai), and most our users cannot understand the other language than their own.

5) Order flow. Our order flow is different than most online shops, so I am hoping this system can accommodate that. We don't ask the user for payment as the last step of their checkout process, the only thing they do there is to select which payment method they want to use. We want to make sure first that we can get all the products that the user has ordered, so we don't ask for payment up front. When we have confirmed availability we confirm the order in our backend and the user receives payment instructions by email. For direct debit they receive our bank details, and for credit card and PayPal they receive a link to complete the payment. Could this be achieved with your system?

6) Redirect old URLs. Obviously our URLs will change with this new shop, change to the better as your URLs are better than the ones we have now. But we are still very good on google, we are pretty much #1 ranked in everything that has to do with computers in Thailand (in English language only though). Can I implement a function to catch all the old URLs and 301 redirect them to the updated URLs or will your system send unknown URLs to an error page?

7) One page checkout. Whenever I select it in the demo show and saves, it goes back to not being checked. Is this just for demo purposes that it can't be activated?

8) In checkout on the Address step, is it not possible for the billing address to be pre-filled with the address of the logged in user? I know it doesn't take long time to enter your address, but I just also know that many of our regular customers would complain about it :)

9) I can't get past the address step in the checkout on the demo website, gives an "internal error" every time. I can see in the admin that new orders stopped coming in middle of April, so it looks like it could be everyone having that problem.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really like your product and I really hope we can start using it.

PS: 

We are selling computers and hardware, so the filter mechanism is very important to us and I was happy to see you have that built-in already. I was playing around with it in your demo shop and I came across something that might be a bug, not sure, or if it's just the demo data that is messed up.

If you go here: http://frontend.smar...pecId","ID":6}]

You see I've filtered by CPU type to "Intel", this shows two results.

If you then open the "Massenspeicher-Typ" filter you can see there is (1) result of each of the two options, that's correct.

Then click the "Select Multiple" link under the two filters, popup still shows 1 result of each, still correct.

Try to select both of the filters and click OK, then there's three results shown all of a sudden.

Angehängte Bilder

#2 Michael Herzog

Michael Herzog

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3498 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 21 July 2014 - 18:42

Just a couple of question eh? I'm glad you havn't had a lot of questions ;-)

1. There's no chance to import the passwords of your customers. I'd generate a strong password for every customer during the import routine and then ask the customers to get it via I forgot my password or change it 

2. Especially within the last few weeks/months we've enhanced and imporoved the import and export routines. We've tested the import with nearly 100.000 products. It took round about an hour.

3. Have a look in the Shipping rate computation methods: Admin->Configuration->Shipping->Shipping rate computation methods->Shipping by weight->Configure

If you don't plan to enhance SmartStore.NET yourself you can't configure a weight on category level.

b) For Shipping by weight there is currently no option for that. But you could very easily adopt it from the Shipping by total plugin

We've planned to enhance the other plugins to provide these options in the future.

4. You're absolutly right. I've created an issue for this so we'll fix this in one of our next releases.

5. Not out of the box. But this requierement can very easily be programmed. You just have to adapt the public info view of an existing plugin and perhaps some controller actions.

6. We've done something like that already. If you book one of our support contracts, we'd deliver a plugin to you called Biz.Importer. The basic function of this plugin is to import existing projects from another SmartStore product. But when activated it handles these redirects. All you'd have to do then is to import your old urls within the table UrlRecord. Of course you could also write your own httphandler in .net. 

7. I don't know why it can't be saved within our backend demo shop. I'll investigate the issue... But be asured, it works. I've just activated it here:

http://frontend.smartstore.net/

8. All asigned addresses are displayed and selectalbe when the user is logged in. We just haven't asigned any addresses to the demo user within the backend and the database is reseted from time to time.

9. I've just placed an order:http://backend.smart...erdetails/2452 

The problem you've experienced could be temporary as a lot of people are testing stuff on this site. The orders haven't stopped by the end of april. This is the state to which the database is reseted.

PS: 

You're right it seems like a bug. I leave to the responsible developers (which I have informed) to fix this and write an issue 

I hope I could help you with my answers. 

My PS: 

Please consider asking lesser questions within one topic and rather split your questions into single or topic related questions so nobody has to write novels if they want to help you ;-) 

Michael Herzog
Smartstore AG

#3 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3801 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 21 July 2014 - 20:23

PS: Filter of one filter group (here specification attributes CPU-Hersteller and Massenspeicher-Typ) are or-combined.
So your second URL filters "Intel" or "HDD" or "SSD".

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#4 d0ndela

d0ndela

• Members
  • Punkt
  • 8 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 22 July 2014 - 02:41

Hi Marcus

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my novel :) and you are absolutely right, I should have split it up, I had actually decided yesterday that I would have done that today if no reply had come in. It's also better I guess for searches and search engines later on.

I've had the source code running on localhost for some days now and played around with it, I really like it and I'm 99% sure we will use this for our new website.

Auch markiert mit einem oder mehrerer dieser Schlüsselwörter: fehler, ungültiger prozeduraufruf, ungültiges argument, veröffentlichen fehler