Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Upgrade smartstore last version

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
5 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 41 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 14 July 2014 - 13:13

good afternoon,

I have installed version 1.2.1 and I would like upgrade to last version (2.0.2 today) but I don't want lost  data, design, pictures etc.

Do you have a documentation about this process? I imagine that will be possible, no?

thanks very much!!

#2 Michael Herzog

Michael Herzog

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3497 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 14 July 2014 - 18:02

Hi,

there isn't any documentation about this process but of course it's possible. I'd recommend to make safety of your physical files and your database. If you're not able to upgrade your shop please consider to book one of our services, then we would conduct the upgrade.

Regards

Michael Herzog
Smartstore AG

#3 Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 41 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 15 July 2014 - 10:00

Hi Micheal, 

Can you tell me which is the process to upgrade? one short summarize will be enough.

Thanks

• MediArt gefällt das

#4 Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 41 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 17 July 2014 - 10:14

Any help with this topic?

#5 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 17 July 2014 - 11:55

.NET data migrations:

As of March 11 2014, SmartStore.NET fully supports Entity Framework code-based migrations (changeset 7920a6d2c0e0). 
From this date on, database migration is NOT performed manually with plain SQL files anymore, but with auto-generated 
code files which get compiled into the app and executed automatically on app startup.

If you are migrating from a version PRIOR to March 11 2014 (e.g. V1.2.1 or older), 
please manually run all applicable SQL migration scripts in this folder. This ensures the
database is in the 'initial snapshot' state. After that, you will never have to migrate manually anymore.

If your current version is dated March 11 2014 or later, simply ignore this folder and do nothing ;-)

It means in your case that you have to execute App_Data\Migrations\1.2.1-2.0.0\migrate-all.sql
once, to migrate all your data from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0. The rest (from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2) is done
automatically when you start the application for the first time.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#6 Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 41 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 17 July 2014 - 13:01

Ok, thanks very much!!

I have understand the migration of data. About migration web aplication, is enough with overwrite files with new version? I imagine picture, emails etc is allocated into database and is not a problem overwrite or remove files with FTP to remplace with new version.

Thanks for your support.