Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Version 2.0.1

release of new version

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
1 Antwort zu diesem Thema

#1 jan1970

jan1970

• Members
  • PunktPunkt
  • 10 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 15 April 2014 - 21:44

Hi:

I was already working on version 2.0.0 and then, 10 days later, version 2.0.1. How important is that I migrate or start again with the new version. I think it is much better to have at least 3 to 4 months between releases so to minimize migration work for us developers

#2 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 16 April 2014 - 10:26

That decision is up to you. Just check the commit comments if something important for you has been added.
Migration... you don't have to do anything anymore:

As of March 11 2014, SmartStore.NET fully supports Entity Framework code-based migrations (changeset 7920a6d2c0e0). 

From this date on, database migration is NOT performed manually with plain SQL files anymore, but with auto-generated 
code files which get compiled into the app and executed automatically on app startup.

If you are migrating from a version PRIOR to March 11 2014 (e.g. V1.2.1 or older), 
please manually run all applicable SQL migration scripts in this folder. This ensures the
database is in the 'initial snapshot' state. After that, you will never have to migrate manually anymore.

If your current version is dated March 11 2014 or later, simply ignore this folder and do nothing ;-)

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG