Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Stock quantity of a product based on color attributes

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
4 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 January 2018 - 18:09

Hello,

I'd like to ask if I can enter stock quantity on a product based on color attributes. I have a product with 3 different colors, but the quantities of each color on stock is different. I'd like to watch the stock based on color, to avoid a customer to plae an order on a color of a product which has no available quantity in stock

#2 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 January 2018 - 18:28

I found that with attribute combination I can enter stock quantity of each color, but in the frontend you can place an order with larger quantity of what is available. Is there another way to make it work?

Thanks in advance

#3 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 January 2018 - 18:47

I've changed on product to manage inventory from product attributes.

It seems it works on some colors when I try to place order with larger quantity from available. For example I have 1 stock item and on when I place 2 it displays correct the below

Your quantity exceeds stock on hand. The maximum quantity that can be added is 1.

BUT on the same item on a different color with 2 items on stock, when I try to add 2 to the basket it displays a message for maximum quantity

Your quantity exceeds stock on hand. The maximum quantity that can be added is 2.

#4 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 03 January 2018 - 20:09

Then you already have one or more products of this attribute combination in your shopping cart.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#5 vagelis

vagelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 90 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 04 January 2018 - 17:57

Hi Marcus,

Perhaps you are right. It works ok now. Thanks for your help