Inhalte aufrufen

Profilbild

Modify Product Type List

• Bitte melden Sie sich an, um eine Antwort zu verfassen.
3 Antworten zu diesem Thema

#1 CompleteCoders

CompleteCoders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 103 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 08 September 2017 - 04:34

I am wondering if someone can point in the right direction for learning how to write a plugin to customize the admin area.  I need to add a new product type to the drop down list.  When this item is selected and saved I need to show a new menu item.  This is exactly what happens when bundled product type is selected.

Any help that someone can provide to learn this part of the system would be helpful.  Both adding the new menu item and manipulating the product type list.

Thanks

Chris

#2 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 08 September 2017 - 12:11

The product type can only be extended in the core project (see Core > Domain), not through a plugin.
The product edit tab can be extended by implementing a TabStripCreated event consumer. See Google Merchant Center plugin for code details, link 1, link 2.

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG

#3 CompleteCoders

CompleteCoders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PunktPunktPunkt
  • 103 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 08 September 2017 - 16:46

Thank you for the reply.  Is there a reason why I shouldn't be adding to the product type?  I really didn't want to modify the core project so that future upgrades were easier.  

I believe I could make a new field through a plugin and trigger what I need off of that.  Is there an example that shows adding new fields to the to the product screen?

Thanks!

#4 Marcus Gesing

Marcus Gesing

SmartStore AG

• Administrators
  • 3799 Beiträge

Geschrieben: 08 September 2017 - 18:51

Yes, the mentioned Google Merchant Center plugin. It has an own entity "GoogleProduct" for it. But you can also use the built-in "SyncMapping".

Marcus Gesing

Smartstore AG